View Single Post
Old 04-02-2016, 01:09 PM   #4
Hyper16
A Heartbeat Away.........

Drives: Not As Fast As I Would Like To
Quote:
I do not understand why some songs have artwork but not others. I assume they are embedded. I will try to find out how this works as part of the app.
Sometimes my mp3 files either lose the artwork (Or never had artwork attached directly to the file. Sometimes artwork is stored in folders. I don't know what causes this behavior. Maybe it was the program that was used to rip the mp3 from CD). I discover that artwork is missing when I copy the files from iTunes on my PC to the external drive I store music on to use with my Sonos system. Songs that had artwork in iTunes will sometimes not have artwork in Sonos. Once the artwork is embedded into the mp3, I copy it to Sonos again, overwriting the original artless file.

The process I use to get the missing artwork directly into the file is a bit lengthy but here it is:

Make sure you have a copy of the artwork. I usually get it from a Google search.

Open iTunes and select the all songs needing same artwork. I do it one album at a time. Sometimes in the case of various artist compilations made by me, it will have to be done to each song individually.

Right click on the selected songs and choose 'Get Info'. If you have more than one song selected a dialog will ask if you want to edit information for multiple items. Select 'Edit Items'

Click the Artwork tab and then Add Artwork button to select artwork that you have saved to a file. [Used to be able to just find artwork online, copy the image to the clipboard and then paste it into the Artwork tab. Not sure if this still works on the latest version of iTunes.....but if it does, you can save a lot of time] Click OK and the artwork is embedded.
2016 Hyper Blue Metallic 2SS | A8 | MRC | Sunroof | Nav | Mishimoto Catch Can | GM CAI | Hurst Shifter | Borla S-Type Exhaust | Body Color Splash Guards | 1LE Splitter | GM Dark Tail Lights | ZL1 Third Brake Light | Custom Fuel Door, Badges & Bowties | Oracle Side Markers | Blacked Out Stuff | Opti-Coat Pro+

The problem with this world is stupidity.
I'm not saying there should be penalties for stupidity,
but why don't we just take the warning labels off everything and let the problem solve itself.
Hyper16 is offline   Reply With Quote