View Single Post
Old 12-23-2017, 02:28 PM   #26
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrChrisLS3 View Post
I don't know, the thing is that the Z/28 is almost synonymous with Camaro. That RPO has been a part of every generation, it's difficult to imagine that they don't have a plan for one now. I would bet that we will see a Z/28 in this generation. The question is going to be what is the priority for GM? Will the focus be on making the Z/28 the "halo" car, or will it be maintaining the N/A format?

My original thinking was that they would drop the LT1 in the ZL1 1LE chassis and badge that as the Z/28. After all, that would stay more true to the original philosophy of the badge. However, in terms of marketing it place the car somewhere between the SS 1LE and the Zl1. But with the release of the LT5, I could very well see GM changing that idea that the Z/28 has to be N/A and refocusing on making the ultimate Camaro track weapon. This would be putting the LT5 in the Z-1LE chassis, adding a few goodies and taking out some weight, ala 5th Gen Z/28, and creating an "I'd don't give a "F", I just want to go fast" monster. A good read through at the Corvette forum about the ZR1 and you will come to the conclusion that this is what the ZR1 is all about. The guys over there that wax their Corvettes are saying it's too much, over the top, that wing etc, but the guys that are tracking their Corvettes are drooling over it.

You know, it seems like if you give Mark Ruess and Al O. a bottle of good whiskey, a couple of cigars, and a couple of hours to talk it over, anything can happen, lol.
They have already ruined the Z06 by making it a do everything car. There’s no reason to do the same to the Z/28. Keep it N/A or leave it in the past. Some things should be left alone.