View Single Post
Old 06-16-2023, 12:36 PM   #9
Joshinator99

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZL1Atlanta View Post
It is hard to say as we have never tested it. I left the Big Gulp at a little over 1k RWHP, but only because I wanted to easily be able to remove the filter and use a bell mouth. The bell mouth is worth a solid 40 RWHP at 1200 RWHP, just at the risk of sucking stuff into your blower. My current custom intake is only 5" though. They are testing larger ones that are showing some gains, so we'll see where it lands.
Yeah I’ve got the bell mouth as well but it really raises havoc with the MAF scale. I went to run it one day at the track and decided against it….the blower belt broke the next run and filled the air filter with debris from the hood liner, belt shreds, etc…! That would have all been in my motor if I had run the bell mouth…

Maybe Vengeance can develop a 5.5-6.0” intake (perhaps using metric sizes) with integrated bell mouth that is still covered by a gigantic filter. I guess the market demand isn’t huge…just a few of us crazies lol…