View Single Post
Old 03-06-2014, 11:33 AM   #980
revychevy

Drives: 2010 2SS RS LS3
I didn't intend to get in a pissing match with Fen, the reading comprehension cracks just rubbed me the wrong way.

On this entire thread we've talked about the capabilities of the 4 cylinder and the Ramifications of CAFE.

Many people have lauded the capabilities of the four cylinder turbo engine as if it's the mightiest, sweetest sounding thing to ever grace an engine bay. I disagree.

Others have said we have no choice CAFE will take V8 engines away -- or at least out of reach. I lament this, and agree to the strong possibility.

Others have said, why worry, they aren't putting a gun to your head and making you buy the 4 banger.

To this I say that Govt regulation that purposely makes V8s go away IS a gun to my head . They will tax and regulate the industry to NUDGE you into buying the cars they want.

Then they will remove your choice to do it at all. ( that's why I can't smoke my cigar anywhere including the store where I buy them!)

They will eventually get around to making all American cars sporty little 4 banger hatchbacks and ultra expensive luxury and sport cars.

Then some politician with a hot button issue will decide that only electric cars should be on the road and that the internal combustion engine should be outlawed for causing global warming or some such.

I think ( call me crazy). That if they change these cars to "sporty turbo 4 hatchbacks" that we will lose what makes them unique. fait accompli.