View Single Post
Old 12-27-2011, 11:22 PM   #170
Huggerorange73
Banned

Drives: The REAL C5
Send a message via AIM to Huggerorange73
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
And outside of a few unfortunate incidents like yours (to be expected in a car that people actually drive)...the car is remarkably durable and easy-to-modify. Astounding!
True, I will agree that out of ALL the cars I've wrenched on..modding the 5th gen was by far the easiest one to wrench on. The reason why I got out was to hit the levels of performance I wanted the 5th gen platform just wasn't right. Too much expense and frustration!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraxum View Post
Yes i agree the 5th gen is breakable. Weight aggravates things but there is some under-engineering here on the drive train. 4th gens are even worse. We can only hope the 6th gen is better.

We will have to disagree about the handling. Stock there is too much understeer. But this is easily curable. And slow in the 1/4? There are cam and bolton cars running in the 10s at stock weight with no power adders. Seems fast to me.
4th gens had throwaway rear ends....that's for sure...ask me how I know. Jumping to a car with a 3,245 pound curb weight has me giggling like a little school girl I did all the suspension mods, and the car had no issues whipping around a road course.

I had a 470 rwhp full bolt on cam car that was turning 12.1 @ 116..please show me a cam only 5th gen in the 10s at stock weight...this I gotta see.
Huggerorange73 is offline   Reply With Quote