View Single Post
Old 03-29-2024, 09:54 AM   #62
crazedmodder

Drives: 2023 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by L2SS455 View Post
The goal is more consistency with revenue-generating, software and marketing functions to make the groups work more efficiently, while keeping customer experience and quality a top priority."
What does "more consistency with revenue-generating, software and marketing functions" even mean? Sounds like typical PR non-sense. I agree with others about GM being behind in software (I feel this way about most automotive manufacturers to be fair), and that this shake-up might be beneficial for improvements in that area, but I am interpreting that quote as GM targeting software more as a revenue generation stream (subscriptions...) instead of using it as a way of improving their products.

Quote:
Originally Posted by L2SS455 View Post
Not surprising. There are multiple ways to steal a car. The point I'm making is that once it's out in the social media world like TikTok, it's duplicated by every Tom, Dick and Harry from Teens on up. Kia's rep. as a easy steal will persist for years to come. That's why we don't want this to happen to Camaro's.
This is a big worry for me, I've started looking into better security systems for the Camaro but once a car gets a reputation for being easy to steal it will still likely get damaged in the process. Sure, a broken window or damaged dash is better than losing your car completely, but I feel like it is throwing away money to repair damage from failed thefts because of flaws that companies have in their products.

Anyone remember the Mazda 3 generation where if you kicked the door in the right spot it would unlock? Many of the parked Mazda 3s I crossed in that time had big dents in the doors, and this persisted for a long time even after Mazda did their recall to install reinforcement plates as a remedy.
crazedmodder is online now   Reply With Quote