View Single Post
Old 12-17-2017, 03:53 PM   #287
jmackisback

Drives: 2019 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeaterMan View Post
half shafts as in more than one? are there more than the one that was in the video? asking because i wasn't aware there were others.

I don't own a Mustang or Camaro right now so i'm not "nut hugging" either one. but i think the smaller displacement engine making the same hp is impressive because it's NA and not forced induction. that doesn't mean GM could get more out of the LT1 naturally aspirated, just that they chose not to up to this point. one of the benefits to not having as much low end torque is less likelihood of blowing the tires off at the starting line. Camaro and Scat Pack guys are well aware how much of an issue this can be. a good 60' is what makes these "hero runs" as they are called possible. spinning aint winning.
Sigh. Are you really mentioning the displacement nonsense? Then of course I'll have to point out the physical size of the Coyote being larger and the fact its DOHC.

And yes there is only one video so far of shaft breaking. Keep in mind the cars have been out for about a month or so only and who knows what has happened in all the 1/4 runs that haven't been videotaped.

1987 Camaro V6
1988 Camaro IROC Z
1993 Camaro Z28
1999 Camaro SS
2017 Camaro SS
jmackisback is offline   Reply With Quote