View Single Post
Old 12-19-2016, 03:27 PM   #18
Z_Rocks

Drives: everyone crazy...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flynnaz View Post
From another tread about ordering from one dealer and delivering to another, that's what I meant, your right about a car already on a lot :
To quote Becky:

As for the logistics: The car is ordered from the factory and can be directed to a local
dealer for you to pick up. This is called a courtesy delivery. You still buy and pay me
for the car, but you'd pick it up locally. The dealer who receives the car will charge a
fee to receive the car, prep, clean and usually handle the paperwork to license and title
the vehicle. Typically a courtesy delivery charge is $300 or so, but dealers are free to
charge whatever, and may dealers won't handle them at all. You can of course pick up
the car here and drive it back. That would save the courtesy delivery fee, but you may
spend that in transporation to get here, just depends. While the car is intransit to the
dealer, you and I would transact paperwork and pay for the car. Tax and registration
can be included in the financing, and we can handle that here, or with your local
lending institution.
Yes, she is right.

Best to check with local dealer and make sure they fully inspect the car, clean it and prepare as if they were selling it. Some dealers become a real dick about it. Once off the truck, they call you to pick it up, without doing any work on it. Sign the paper, give the money and you own [the dirty unprepared car].
Z_Rocks is offline   Reply With Quote