View Single Post
Old 03-19-2018, 04:34 PM   #45
oldman

Drives: SS 6 speed of course
Quote:
Originally Posted by PRAY View Post
I am not sure about the ZL1 pump theory. At least it didn't work for the blower car in the original post. I got no more head room out of it than I had before it. Ran out of pump at 540rw commanding and seeing 12.0 and fading fast. No matter what pressure I commanded that thing dropped down to around 48-53 psi. Hopefully the low side was good to go but the high side just couldn't pump it. I now have the LT4 injectors and high side pump so we will see what happens tomorrow on the dyno.

If it was the high side that was the limiter then I can see a bottle system plumbed into the low side working out. On pump gas at least.

Also on a DI engine and FI, all air is already ingested and being compressed when the fuel is being put in. So 6 PSI of boost say 30% greater air charge is being compressed 11.5 to 1 as the fuel is going in. Total combustion chamber PSI will be much higher (higher head) vs a liquid induction via the intake. That is a lot more head vs a N20 where it is mainly liquid by weight and does not vaporize fuller till near or past TDC.... The flow rate of a liquid is roughly the square root of the pressure delta. Long story short, I'm not surprised that a FI engine has far more dynamic compression than a liquid inject over NA engine, leading to higher head pressure and lower delta of rail to chamber => less fuel flow into the engine per any given HP.
Forged short block, large duration sub .600 lift Cam Motion cam, 7200 RPM fuel cut, Pray Ported Heads, 3.85 pulley D1X, stage II intercooler, DSX secondary low side, DSX E85 sensor, Lingenfelter big bore 2.0 pump, ported front cats, 60608 Borla, LT4 injectors, ZL1 1LE driveshaft and Katech ported TB, ported MSD intake, BTR valvetrain, ARP studs, ProFlow valves, PS4 tires.
oldman is offline   Reply With Quote