View Single Post
Old 12-09-2012, 10:53 AM   #284
Blast

Drives: 2009 SAAB 9-5 Aero
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010-1SS-IBM View Post
Let's fix that for you: MPG. Stop trying to sell people on the 4 cylinder's performance as it's going to be a step down.

And it's at least hypocritical to defend a cylinder count change by pointing out how neanderthalic it is to be concerned about cylinder count. If cylinders don't matter, then leave the GD car alone.

It's Orwellian to design your "performance" cars (does that feel better, nitpickers?) around fuel mileage. Why have perfornance cars at all then?
Easy, some people buy the Camaro because of performance and some because of the looks and other factors.

Obviously not all of those want the V8, or the V6 wouldn't be the main seller.

Adding a third option to that (fourth really counting the ZL1, but I referred to cylinder count) cannot in any way hinder anyone that doesn't himself want that cylinder count!

I bet there are people out there that are sold on the whole CAFE thing, etc (not saying they're right, not saying they're wrong!) and the only thing keeping them from buying a Camaro is that it doesn't come with the 4-banger.

Good riddance, let them have their car then! More sales => cheaper manufacturing price => cheaper car in the end.

I want the V8, I buy the V8. But I don't care if someone else buys a turbo 4 or whatever else. Let them make their own decision.

// Stefan
Blast is offline   Reply With Quote