View Single Post
Old 05-15-2020, 02:52 PM   #2
George-CZ

Drives: 2010 2SS LS3 and 1978 STROKER 383
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigtime53 View Post
Has anyone had a issue with these? I noticed my car was moving in the rear under acceleration so I installed the new solid control arms on the top and bottom. They have the polyurethane bushings in them from BMR. I was told I did not have to have the car realigned but it drove funny after the install so I did. After I had that done I drove the car and I was driving at 65mph and floored it and when it went into passing gear it made a hard right and then when I let off the gas back to the left it went and back to the right. It almost put me in the ditch plus scared the crap out of me. Now I am told I need the cradle bushings to stop this so I have ordered those. Have any of you had this happen to you? My car has 23k miles on it and I would not think it would need all of these parts to get it right. I have read that this is the first thing everyone should do when they buy these cars because of so much movement of the rear axle housing. Have any of you changed these? By the way my car is stock and not modified any. Thanks
After changing the arms ... Did you have the geometry settings checked?
George-CZ is offline   Reply With Quote