View Single Post
Old 01-17-2018, 12:02 AM   #135
PinHead
Banned

Drives: Duramax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt1z350 View Post
Tuned m6 zl1 on 800-900whp cutting low 1.4 60 foots are not breaking so I think GM was way too conservative on this whole approach on both cars.

My car ran 11.00@126.5. That’s a 1.71 60 foot that on my log launched at 80 percent throttle then at 12 mph closed it down to 30 percent all nanny’s off killed my 60 foot and mph on the other end as it slowly gave throttle back in and never went full as was cool out so was already restricting power. I have multiple logs on the car and see it in the tune at 30 mph it takes a dump on power too so not just the launch either.

If the car didn’t feel lazy I don’t think any one would be complaining. But it doesn’t drive right m6 cars and a10 you can feel it pulling power so car never has a linear feel when excellerating. Which is again GM too conservative on this car as seen plenty of z06 cut 1.50 60 foots on Tires and when I cut my 1.71 it didn’t spin and I was on the floor that’s all it had at that moment. The car will mph better in the quarter when it is spinning the tires slightly as it’s not chopping the throttle and slowing giving it back. 11.40 in the heat on a slick track 1.89 spinning 60 foot but 129 mph. 11.00 cool weather would expect a better mph but 1.71 and power chop killed it.

Drivertraim is a beast so let it use it. I am to the point if offered a hot tune but took off 3 years of powertrain warranty I would be all over it. So there is my rant being an avid drag racer that WILL also road race the car and why I got this car and not one more decicated to straight line performance only.
+100

Its also insulting that now;

1) GM is FULLY supporting AND IMPROVING the ZL1 A10-Based Drag Race Performance Program and;

2) GM took the same LT4, installed a 25% larger Blower, CHANGED THE TUNE ETC and uses it touting the Fastest 2019 ZR1 Corvette.

And GM wonders why Class-Action lawsuits arise.

ALL THE ZL1-1LE M6 OWNERS WANT IS EXTREME TRACK PERFORMANCE AS REPRESENTED BY THE ZL1 1LE GM MEDIA.

Hey Bueller,............can you help?