View Single Post
Old 01-31-2013, 11:18 AM   #21
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
Blur....I agree with you so much and am very glad you posted this!

It just makes so much sense, and you are right about offering this stuff as DEALER installed options instead of from the factory, as offering this stuff from the factory would add to much cost to the bottom line.

Off the top of my head, the main reason I see GM not going along is because of increased warranty services....more cost on them, so I could see something like this happening:

For basic mods like air intakes, headers, exhaust, gears and what not offer those up and a tune just like The Blur has stated. For those extensive mods like Forced Induction, or cams I can see GM asking for another X amount of dollars to keep your warranty which would offset any additional costs.

Oh, and yes don't forget us V6 guys, we want intakes, exhaust, headers or highflow cats as well!
I'm glad you brought this up. This is a great opportunity for GM Financing and the dealership finance department. GM could offer aftermarket warranty options specifically for those who go this route. You could opt for a warranty on your forced induction package at a nominal fee and even qualify for financing at the dealership.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote