View Single Post
Old 01-17-2015, 11:47 AM   #40
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro Lives On View Post
So usually I wouldn't jump in arguments like this but I had this pic from the spy shots on my phone and figured I'd provide it to kinda prove Mako22's point. If the did fudge the roof line on the test cars, they did it perfectly. The only part of the camo wrap that isnt laying flat against the body of the car is the bit on the roof that got some air under it from the speed. The sun is hitting the car at the perfect angle to show every body line on this car, if there was padding or some fakery happening here, we'd be able to see it in this pic... but its smooth. So I think mako and chazcron have a good point. The angle of the teaser pics lighting may make it look different but thats all it is, just lighting. So unless the completely redesigned the roofline between this Nurburgring spy shot and that teaser, which im fairly certain didnt happen, then im pretty sure we've seen the final design. The teaser is just out of focus on purpose.
Except that it would so incredibly easy to make a carbon fiber panel and affix it to the real body panels. VERY easy to do. Whether they did or didn't, we will soon see. Did I say how easy that would be?

Don't get me wrong, I think this is it. But I wouldn't bet on it just because I know how easy it would be to put faux panels over the real ones and then put jazz camo over that.