View Single Post
Old 06-08-2015, 06:12 PM   #14
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
MRTD, Magnetorheoligic Real Time Damping as it was once called, is pretty awesome stuff. Allows for the programmability for different settings as well as adapting to the road conditions on the fly. Essentially a programmable damper that can have various settings from soft to hard as well as adapting to nearly instantaneous road conditions on the fly.

I don't think it is orderable separately on the Corvette anymore. Part of the Z51 performance package.

So it may be included in a package on the Camaro or not. Regardless the technology enables a broad range of suspension performance with a switch. So unless you know that the base suspension works perfectly for your needs in all conditions, this pretty close to a must have.

Now how they offer it on the Camaro will be interesting.

On the Chevy SS, it is standard in 2015
On the Corvette, it is now part of the Z51 Performance Package which is a $5,000 bump

So this could easily be the track package in the Camaro as I don't see it limited to 2SS.

So unless it's bundled like the Corvette for $5,000 worth of stuff you may not want, get it.