View Single Post
Old 11-26-2013, 03:08 PM   #168
Fenderaddict2
Opinionated bugger!

Drives: Boss 302, Mazda 2, Praga & Intrepid
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010-1SS-IBM View Post
Why do you keep bringing the V6 into this? No one is arguing against the V6, however a TTI4 is actually a threat to a V6, so if anyone is against a V6 it's the 4 cylinder fans. Also, does anyone even know if the 4 cylinder actually has better gas mileage than the V6 in the same car? I'd be willing to bet it doesn't.

You contradict yourself here. The Mustang II was a sales success, but GM gets knocked for having too many offerings? You'd like GM to put profits over volume, and yet you're arguing for a 4 cylinder car specifically for volume. You should listen to yourself.

GM needs to sell cars people want to buy. They don't have to reinvent the wheel.

Actually you are agreeing with what I said, or intended to say. Or perhaps your simply missing my point hidden beneath my sarcasm. I'm not knocking a V6, so why knock a 4? And GM does need to sell what people want to buy, and there are those who love the looks of a Camaro but probably would be happy with a turbo four in the lighter next gen model. I'm a V8 fan, through and through, but if it guarantees the survival of Camaros and Mustangs, I say put 4,6 and 8's in them. The more choice, the more sales, the better.

Follow me on forums everywhere as Fenderaddict2 or my kid on the track and Twitter @fastmyles
Fenderaddict2 is offline   Reply With Quote