View Single Post
Old 08-16-2014, 09:20 PM   #2
wayne watson

Drives: 2014 camaro ss ,1967 chevelle ss,
Quote:
Originally Posted by snaphappy View Post
Right now I drive a fully loaded SS2/RS vert, tan top, tan leather. I think a good 20-30 years down the road it will be a very nice classic. It's not going to be worth bazillions, but it will do fine.

But let's say I wanted to drop 30k on a car and get a very decent return when I'm getting ready to retire in 30 years...

Would you pick a 2000 Viper GTS? ZL1? or Boss 302? Any other cars you'd suggest?? I'm leaning toward the Viper.

I know Boss's and ZL1's are 40-45 right now. But they'll drop to 30-35 sooner or later.

Not interested in classics - I freakin' love them - but I can't sleep at night when something is mechanically wrong with a car, haha, so classics are out.
not going to retire with any car, new ones are losing value while old ones hold value because of barret jackson, no other reason, before that, you could buy classics cheap..missed a 69 rt charger for 2500 bucks when i was in school, now look at them. and i'm talking 1990. may want to gamble with stocks if you think you'll strike it rich one day