View Single Post
Old 02-25-2018, 09:18 AM   #695
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro5 View Post
Truthfully, I don't think they would cancel the refresh.

It's too cheap to do, and definitely needed.

What nags at me is that Kise seems to be a decent, good member of Camaro6, I read some previous posts.

Plus, the Warren part seems legit and probable for full inside info.

Just a curious brain teaser, probably.

LOL - looks like you've seen some "changing" info too, by your join date.

To sum up, let's look to DGthe3's sig motto:

Originally Posted by FbodFather
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

From what I can tell, something is changing. What and how much is the question. You don't run mules with camouflaged front and rear fascia just for giggles. What Number 3 might be hearing is that some of the content of a refresh has been dialed back. There is still a lot that can be done in annual programs without calling it a refresh. Just for the sake of terminology, you have, in increasing order of complexity, cost and engineering requirements, Annual Programs, Mid-Cycle Refresh 1, Mid-Cycle Refresh 2, Mid-Cycle Refresh with Powertrain, Major, New. As an example, I would call 2018 Mustang a Mid-Cycle Refresh with Powertrain. Not certain if that is Ford's terminology, but that is how we would have described it to the Camaro team when I was still at GM.

I would not be surprised to see an Annual with mild front fascia changes, a new interior feature or two and revised taillamps. Based on the EPA stuff that someone else has found and posted, it looks like the 10AT is gonna happen. You don't make that kind of change and cancel the simple stuff.
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote