View Single Post
Old 08-19-2013, 01:26 AM   #765
revychevy

Drives: 2010 2SS RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by pv-camaro View Post
i want to ad something,

I live in the Netherlands (Europe) and every new car here gets a sort of tax from the government (is included with the pricetag by the dealer).
The sort of tax is calculated based on the level of polution (i don't know the right word) coming out of the exhaust.

The 2013 SS Camaro is a heavy car (with lots of polution, and the full economy compared to others is not so good), so this car is almost impossible to buy here, the price is almost 4 times as expensive as in the USA.

1 euro is about 1,3 US dollar, so you can do the math

If the new Camaro in 2016 is much lighter and cleaner, the possible tax will me less, so we can afford one.
The new Mustang (coming in 2014), the rumors are, he will be much lighter, shorter, and cleaner, and specially for Europe (i think) with a 4 banger.

Don't get me wrong, i have a 3.8V6 Camaro for almost 6 years now, and i have had a 71 Camaro with a 350V8 for 7 years.
but i like to have a newer Camaro in the future, so i am glad the new Camaro will become smaller/lighter and hopely with a smaller 6 cilinder or 4, or a cleaner V8
Great. See? The guy from the Netherlands wants the Camaro to be a 4 banger smart car euro version of itself. Certainly no longer a muscle car and maybe not even a pony car.