View Single Post
Old 12-20-2012, 03:34 PM   #133
meb885

Drives: 13 CRT 2SS-1LE/06 Trailblazer
I absolutely can not believe some of the posts in this thread! GM makes an announcement to take the ONLY RWD vehicle made in Oshawa and consolidate RWD into a plant, that happens to be in Michigan... and everyone thinks the sky is falling.

Did Oshawa building the camaro stop me from buying TWO 5th Gen camaros? Not at all. I Love my camaro and especially after touring the plant in 2011 and meeting some of the people who put their heart and souls into the very car i drive.... I'm extremely proud to drive my Oshawa built Camaro SS..

However LGR makes high quality vehicles.... how many people have been in a new ATS? It's a GREAT vehicle! How about a CTS-V? would you doubt the quality of the plant that builds these? I love the CTS-V fit and finish, I see one quite regularly....

Can we stop shouting about the sky falling? LGR will do a GREAT job with 6thGen Camaro! Oshawa team members will always be part of our camaro family and will always be appreciated for everything they are doing and have done for Camaro.... Without them, 5th Gen and Camaro's entire revival may not have succeeded or even happened.

Mike Judge and Oshawa Team, THANK YOU! Keep up the good work thru 5th Gen End of Production..... LGR... hopefully we will see some new faces on the forums to show us just how much your team is committed to continuing the success our neighbors to the north have started for you. Know you have big shoes to fill, us camaro people are nuts (i speak for everyone...not just me) We have high demands and expect nothing short of amazing.

as a final note....
Just think.... GM Execs/Team Camaro work between Detroit (Ren Cen) and Warren (GM Technical Campus) both in Michigan.... LGR is 1.5hrs away in Lansing...MICHIGAN.... Problem on the line? QC Issue? take a day trip to lansing and drive home that night.... No more 5hr drives accross country lines or flights to Oshawa incurring more GM expenses.
Planned Upgrades Soon:De-Chrome (Black outs),
TEAM LS3
2010 2LT VIN#165 Traded In, 2010 2SS VIN#42415 Traded In
meb885 is offline   Reply With Quote