View Single Post
Old 03-10-2022, 10:08 AM   #2
ZPirate

Drives: 2023 Summit White Camaro ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by hakank14 View Post
Uggh, I know this has been beaten to death - but I am considering changing the transmission fluid at or around the 1500 mile mark. I'm convinced that the OEM tranny fluid sucks ass. Based on past reviews from other owners, I've pretty much narrowed it down to either the AMSOIL Signature Series ATF or the Redline D4 ATF. I use AMSOIL for the engine oil and am happy with it, so my initial lean is towards the AMSOIL - but I'm seeing a lot of Corvette owners are big on the Redline D4. I don't plan on tracking it much, I'm more concerned about smooth shifting for daily driving. Just interested in hearing which one is more preferred and why? Thanks!
I've always had good experiences with Redline products. I use Redline oil, transmission fluid, differential fluid and power steering fluid in my 2003 350Z. I've had that car now for going on 20 years and been using Redline products in it for at least the last 10 years.

When it comes time to change the transmission and differential fluids in the 1LE I'll certainly look at Redline first. Of course both of my cars are manuals, not automatics.
2022 Rapid Blue 1SS 1LE M6 (delivered 2/19/22) (Sold)
2009 BMW 135i (Sold)
ZPirate is offline   Reply With Quote