View Single Post
Old 02-07-2014, 10:26 AM   #51
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkneSS View Post
Do you realize that CAFE regulations mainly impact the bulk of what a car company sells? Hence why GM was forced to come out with cars like the Cruze and still sell thousands of 3800 pound 10 MPG V8 monsters. Cafe is calculated based off the total average of what a company sells.
So your argument against mine about size based off Cafe is moot. I'll reiterate, the Camaro cannot be a small 2 seater sports car for the reasons I previously listed.

CAFE standards are going to affect engines as well as MPG. MPG is a function of aerodynamic efficiency as well as vehicle weight. Smaller, lighter, more aerodynamic shapes are going to be necessary to assist in meeting those requirements. I don't think that's a moot point at all.

"I'm quite aware of current "trends" and I've been deliberately staying away from most of them. I'm not designing a narcissist-mobile. Considering what some of these "old designs" go for in auctions nowadays I don't see being influenced by past designs as a bad thing. "

That is fine but then you should expect the vast majority of people to dislike your design to be a future Camaro design. Had you just said "Here is my rendering for a potential future GM sports car", you would get a somewhat better reaction. The fact is that it just doesn't work as a Camaro. If you're going to call it a Camaro then it needs to at least have the basics which it does not.

The "basics" as you put it may change. It may not work as a Camaro for you, but for others it does. You can't please everybody no matter what. Even with the 5th gen there are people who bought a Mustang instead.

"The 5th gen is so successful because they absolutely nailed the essence of the look and feel of a late 1960's Camaro."
Yes but it doesn't look old like a 67 it looks like a 2010 catch my drift?

No, it looks like an updated version of a 1969. If you can immediately identify the "old model" it's inspired by, then it's a "retro" design. It just happens to be so well done, and that model year was so successful, that this modern rendition was successful too.

"With all these experiments I'm doing things that I personally would like; not necessarily trendy or what everyone else might like."

Then you really need to not get upset when people bash your design. Its a casual internet forum, you aren't always going to get back essays on what your design is. Fact is people will look at the images, not read anything, then post their opinion. If you can't deal with that, and these are as you said for you personally, why even post them?
I'm not upset if people bash the design. I don't expect or require everyone to like it; I've never said that. I'm not asking for essays, just a quick line or two. Make your post useful. If you're going to make the effort to post at all, especially to search for an image you think one of my versions looks like, then make the effort to be constructive.

I post these because there ARE people who are positive, constructive, and enjoy participating. And I also began after the firestorm of bashing that exploded after the 2014 refresh was revealed. I decided to try and come up with something that GM could use rather than just a bunch of negativity. So I've been leading a creative effort to encourage people to start thinking and posting constructively. Just look at your post. Isn't it more interesting and potentially useful to everyone to discuss design intelligently rather than just dismiss something? That's all I've ever asked from the very beginning of the first thread; if you want to participate great, just be positive and constructive.

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote