View Single Post
Old 01-20-2017, 04:00 AM   #46
fastball
Banned

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Co2SS View Post
What on earth would you even imagine that I am trying to "prove?" I am not on Facebook, or Twitter, or YouTube showing the world, "look at me being a rebel and fueling with the engine on!" I gave a perfectly coherent and sensible response to Glen on why I do it......did you miss that? One more time in case you did......I don't live in Florida where my oil starts its morning at a lovely 70 degrees. Sometime here in Denver my oil is 10 or 20 degree In the morning. If I start the car and need gas immediately I am not gonna turn it off 2 minutes after a cold start when I get to the gas station. 20 degree oil takes 15-20 minutes to get to a good operating temperature. I am not gonna cold start and immediately turn off my car if I can avoid it. If vehicles running at gas stations are a danger why do we let anyone have their car ever running near someone else who is pumping gas? Would not the car on the other side of the pump be a risk to me whe I am pumping? Not likely huh? Sometimes in life you have to be able to decipher what is merely a suggestion like, "Turn off enigine" and what is actually good advice like "don't drive drunk." But if you like to follow everything that big brother and the nanny state demand of you more power to you.

20 degree oil in this car does NOT take 20 minutes to get to running temp. Now you're really blowing hot air. And if you're so concerned with that just fill up when the engine is hot. It's not like it's a shock that you need gas when you start the car cold in the morning.

Whatever man. You deserve the snide comments because you're being completely irrational and unreasonable.

Fill the f'ing car up with the engine on, it's your car. If something breaks because of it have fun.
fastball is offline   Reply With Quote