View Single Post
Old 11-30-2017, 08:12 AM   #22
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
I think I grew a beard while I was there.

And I already knew the specific vehicle I was buying. The paperwork I had to sign for all the applicable discounts could choke a hippo. I actually got fed up and left and said "just have the rest of it ready and I'll come in and sign it tomorrow".

Some of it was because even though I knew the car I was buying, the decision to buy it that day was spur of the moment. I was there having a different vehicle serviced. Since my salesperson knew I would be there and knew I had interest in that car, he chased me down and literally asked "what do I have to do to get you to take the car today?" I told him and he worked his @$$ off to make it happen. I was very nonchalant about it because it was late January and truth be told, I didn't have a place to put the car until my retirement became official and I turned in my GM car. That's only important because I think my "I could take it or not" demeanor worked in my favor in getting him to get literally thousands of dollars beyond my GM Discount and other incentives peeled off of the deal price.

So, back to the original question....about 3-4 hours the first day, then another 1-1/2 hours the next day. Most of the day 2 time was finishing the paperwork, some of it getting the wheel locks installed (one of my demands), getting a smudge rubbed out, and getting a replacement gearshift knob ordered since the original had been scratched.

By contrast, my previous lease deal at the same dealership took about 2 hours total. I called ahead and asked "how many of the $59/month Cruze leases do you have in stock and what color?" Followed by "have the red one ready for me".
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is online now   Reply With Quote