View Single Post
Old 01-10-2024, 10:52 AM   #24
ClaunchOfficial

Drives: 2024 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by m6-lt1 View Post
Count me as another one who bought one due to it going out of production. In my case however it was because V8 manual RWD coupes are going out of production with only the Mustang left and I preferred the gen6 camaro to the gen7 mustang. If this wasn’t the case I probably would have held out and bought a used zl1 or would have went completely different and bought a Supra as I already had a Gen 6 SS before my current Gen 6 SS 1le. I would have loved to try something different and then come back to the platform but I believe it will be harder and harder to find clean Gen 6 examples in the future with 2024 being the final year.
Same. I'd had a 16ss back in 16 then a 171le sold in early 18. Didn't want another of the same car but order 24 being no more manual v8 cars around. Hoped for a z28 or something different but never happened. And not crazy to see sales up after production and parts shortages. My 24 1LE is a lot of car for the money, even more compared to high truck prices but still feels like too much expense at times for a nice weather toy. Part of why the cars struggle to sell. Really great track car but not for every day living. The better the car gets the less particle it became as well.
ClaunchOfficial is offline   Reply With Quote