View Single Post
Old 08-29-2013, 02:41 PM   #266
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
This doesn't really matter much from a design perspective, but if something like this DID make production one thing that I think everyone would very much prefer is that the spoiler on the rear with the two raised ends, be a seperate, removable piece. I think you could have a spoiler that attaches to the trunk, that is low in the middle with two raised ends to achieve your desired look.

My reasoning is that if it is molded into the body, you a stuck with it. if it is damaged, you are stuck with it. If you want to change it or modify if...well, your stuck with it. Also, it would be easier for GM to add different types of spoilers depending on the car (base, SS, Z/28).

Just a little thought I had while looking at the rear. I do like the spoiler though...not saying I'd want to change it out immediately or anything like that.

I also feel that with rearend D3, dual tips on each side would look good. With the other rear end with the round tail lamps, it would likely look a bit redundant.
It would be easy to make the winglets bolt-on caps; you'd just have a gap/seam on the side where it joined the body instead of the smooth continuous look on my design but that's an easy option.

Yeah on the back with the round tail lights there's just too much dual round going on visually I think. Here's the D3 view with the quads; works much better.
Name:  2016 Camaro Concept D3q.jpg
Views: 30393
Size:  72.9 KB

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM