View Single Post
Old 09-18-2013, 01:45 PM   #85
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post
I don't know.... times have changed. The days of deliberately keeping other performance models "down" so the Vette could be the top dog may be gone. GM isn't the "we're too big to fail" company it used to be. They now want and need every sales dollar, so if the Camaro is a hot seller they may very well ignore the Vette's status as top dog and go ahead and boost the performance of the Camaro to help boost sales. They're really two completely different cars that pretty much appeal to two completely different crowds.

The Vette isn't a family car, while the Camaro being a 4 seater actually can be used as a family car for small families with 1 or 2 kids. I think the Camaro also appeals to a younger demographic which the Vette doesn't.

The Z/28 is going to show the Vette crowd a thing or two.... the days of favoring one model over another for performance may have vanished and been replaced by favoring sales... period.
I agree to a point, but with one reservation, I believe the top dog Vette will always out perform the top dog Camaro... If you go base for base, the Corvette wins, if you go mid model (SS/1LE) to mid model (Z06) the Corvette still will win If you go Top Dog (ZL1) to Top Dog (ZR1) The Corvette will still win. Since the C7 Z06 and ZR1 are not out and neither is the Z/28 we will have to wait and see on those. I really don't think Chevy will step too hard on the Vette's toes....
You will have models of the Camaro that will outperform certain models of the Corvette, but you will always have a Corvette that will outperform ALL models of the Camaro.. JMHO.