View Single Post
Old 05-30-2016, 07:46 AM   #11
fastball
Banned

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by samsumon View Post
Engineers AND lawyers are two different people.. Please don't think the engineers wrote that book... Someone here made a VERY good point.. They know when these cars will fail.... You don't think that the team "forcing" you to drive the car slow for 1500 miles will SAVE THEM repairs cost in the future? They are prolonging anything going wrong until you are out of the warranty umbrella. A screw here, a lug nut there, adds up to millions.. All by simply telling u that you should maybe drive it slow for 1500 miles.

Drive the car relaxed for 500 miles then enjoy it. Any problems will show up by then. I babied it for 1500 miles with some HUGe exceptions and my car runs FANTASTIC on the strip
So the transmission, fuel pump, rear diff, brakes, and cooling system don't need broken in on a new car?

Yes your car runs fantastic on the strip - the break in procedure is there not so you get better numbers at the strip but so you get long life out of the whole car. Its going to be my every day driver and I plan on keeping it for 150,000+ miles.

Don't get me wrong I'm going to let it rip. You just shouldnt do it in the first 1500 miles thats all.
fastball is offline   Reply With Quote