View Single Post
Old 06-23-2014, 08:06 PM   #99
oklapike

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary SS Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by libertyforall View Post
I call BS on the I-4 (LTG Ecotec?) -- I cannot imagine many buying any -- what is this now, a Cobalt Camaro?! Why would GM drop from 323 HP to 272 HP (based one the ATS offering: http://www.cadillac.com/ats-luxury-sport-sedan.html ) for a base model, thereby downgrading it?!

Instead would imagine we will see the twin-turbo V6 make its debut on the Camaro, ala Cadillac ATS Vsport, along with a lower power V6... The two DI LT-engines are obvious choices...

Given the incremental power bumps GM likes to do from model year to model year and the nine different outputs for the LFX (from 300 hp to 323 hp), I wouldn't be highly surprised to find the 2.0 turbo for the Camaro to get a nice power bump from 272 (I think Opel has even bumped the LTG to around 300 hp already).

Quote:
Originally Posted by libertyforall View Post
No, well then tell me why it makes sense in an ATS Vsport, which is also on Alpha, which the 6th Gen will be too?
Because it's Cadillac, and the auto mags have led average Joe Consumer to think that DOHC is vastly superior to OHV. That and the TT3.6 probably looks more fuel efficient on paper.
oklapike is offline   Reply With Quote