Thread: Insurance Rates
View Single Post
Old 04-17-2024, 09:54 PM   #113
cmrothenb

Drives: 2021 Camaro 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Durant View Post
Mine went from $850 every 6 months up to $1320 around 2 months ago. Gieco and they could care less, called more than 2 times, nothing they can do. They said the Government regulates these things and they were approved to raise rates 38%
They are definitely not consistent with that percentage increase. Bday is May, so just got my renewal from Geico. Not much change for me. But I have 3 cars bundled. Overall 6 month cost is $1,173 for all 3. Got Full coverage on '23 RAV4 and the '21 SS (SS is just like 5 buck more then the RAV4), but no collision on our old 08 Tacoma. The Camaro part of the bill is $446/6Mo. But I'm in Ga, 61 soon, no tickets or claims, and multi car discount so that probably accounts for a lot (probably age the most?).

But that said, I got a quote from NCM (National Corvette Museum) after watching a guy mention it on a YT vid about GM selling un authorized driving data to LexusNexus to then pass on the ins companies to use for rate increases and how NCM does not use such data and has no issue with some
spirited driving. They came back with the same Camaro Coverage for $720/Yr or $360/6months (but have to pay for yr). Big caveat there is that it can't be a daily driver, all houshold driver must have their own car excluding the sport car, and it must be garage kept and under 1000/3000/6000/yr. My price is the 3k limit. I only have 4900, so 3K should be good for my north ga mountan drives. Still pondering if I'll move the SS over to NCM though.
cmrothenb is offline   Reply With Quote