View Single Post
Old 05-28-2015, 03:16 PM   #8
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Won't be available on the V6.

I was VERY much hoping for a performance package option on the V6 time around with gears/suspension/brakes upgrades, and since the Ecoboost gets it, I figured Chevy would offer it. I haven't seen anything on that yet which is a bit disappointing.

But then again, it may not be as necessary as I had originally thought. If the V6 handling is as hugely improved as the short test drives indicate (and one 2014 SS 1LE owner here described the handling as similar to his 1LE) then a suspension upgrade may not be needed. Also, I believe the V6 car will come standard with Brembo brakes (and perhaps offer an upgrade) Last but not least, the auto has the 8 speed gear box which should make the need for a lower axle ratio less than with the 6 speed auto. Manual V6s may still be interested in lower gearing perhaps?

MRC being available for the V6 would be cool, but in the end not sure it is worth offering. That said, if Chevy is not going to be offering any further performance enhancements for the V6 other than what is standard, I really hope they have made the car a superb driver's experience that leans towards sports car feel rather than something more floaty and comfortable to drive.