Thread: 6th generation
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2012, 10:05 PM   #16
joeybsyc

Drives: 2010 Aqua Blue Metallic 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 77rs View Post
I bought a '77 new before anyone heard of generations. Back then we called the 67-69's the early ones. The 70-73,'74-'77 and '78-'81 were looked at as different "models" of camaros.
Exactly, they had some cosmetic changes that kept the look "fresh" at the time, and kept the cars selling... but it was a decade before they totally redesigned the car from the ground up... That's the same type of things you'll likely see with this generation. You could also look at the early 4th gen's vs. the later ones... the 93-97 looked different than the 98-02's, different facias, different dashboards, different wheels, etc... but were still all 4th gens...for all 10 years. As mentioned, they really have not yet changed much of anything on the 5th gens yet, so I think you'll see several more years of other minor changes before they go for a total re-do.

And when they DO redesign it, we'll see 1000 spy shots and test mules for 2 years before they ever get the production cars going... thus far I have not seen anything but some unofficial "artist rendering" internet ideas of what a 6th gen Camaro "might" look like. I believe that if there was going to be an "all-new" Camaro in a year or 2 from now, we'd be seeing some evidence of it right now.