View Single Post
Old 04-24-2014, 06:32 PM   #39
VADER SS L99

Drives: 2013 A6 GT 5.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
I completely agree with what you say about the alpha chasis. I think the new Mustang is probably going to be a sweet performing car, but I also think the next gen Camaro on alpha will be just as light (or lighter) and just as good of a handler as so far the ATS gets rave reviews for handling.

The one problem I see above is that I don't think there is any way they will offer a TTV6 and the LT1 V8. The cost is just too similar and the power too similar for it to make sense in my mind...heck the TTV6 may actually cost more than the LT1 and at stock power, makes less power so then it really doesn't make sense.

Not saying it isn't possible that we will see a TTV6 in the next gen at some point, but what I'm hoping for is

Turbo 4 - 260 - 290 HP / 280 -310 TQ.
n/a V6 (LGX?)- 345+ HP/290+ TQ
LT1 V8 - 450+ HP/ 450TQ
LT4 SC V8 - 600+ HP / 600+ TQ

If GM pushes the power further on the turbo 4, then I think that may not leave room for a V6, unless they go Ford's route and don't offer a new/improved V6 and instead make the V6 the base and the turbo 4 the optional engine. (hope not)
If the LF3 does cost just as much as a LT1 to make then yes there will be 0 reason for it to be in a 6 th gen at any trim level. Some of you guys want it for the power it could make with bolt ons. Well the new LT1 makes 35RWHP from just a tune so a LF3 would have to make nearly 75RWHP from a tune to just break even with a LT1 and even then it will never sound like a v8. The low end torque of a LT1 is very impressive as well. Just look at a dyno curve. It also responds very well from lt headers. It would have a single cam change rather than 4. There is no scenario that I see where a 6th gen would benefit from a Lf3 rather than a LT1. Maybe weight but even then it can't be all that much.