View Single Post
Old 03-11-2013, 08:04 PM   #514
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
Can't say I disagree at all, in fact I do agree...But, I've heard it put several different ways, and historically as well, that the 'Vette is sacred,
the Camaro is not...It's an average Joe car...A tough pill to swallow, and hopefully they don't screw things up with the Camaro...But 'Vette is the "it" car...If there were no 'Vette, for sure the Camaro would occupy that niche...
..actually, the Camaro has been sacrificed, all along, yes it is an average Joe car, but... to the hierarchy of the Vette's refinements<and price> it fits in nicely. We need not a ZL1, but a true Z/28, to restore the alignment. Vettes are the crown no doubt, the ZL1 came to being other than the Z/28 for the variety of reasons already discussed. Use the ZL1 technology, incorporate those advancements into the next Gen car, and restore the Camaro lineup. The Camaro needs no halo car other than the Z/28, the EPA mandates won't make it work for the price involved beyond the surcharge factor bringing a bigger bear to market, <which will be small at most for A ZL1 sales market going forward> and the customers attraction to the lower sales price of the Z/28 will make it a success. Drop ZL1, make Z/28.....