View Single Post
Old 02-16-2013, 01:43 PM   #298
SlingShot

Drives: 2012 ZL1 - #670
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizard1183 View Post
Really? built like crap?Those cars were built with pride back then. The safety aspect wasnt there I agree because the regulations werent set up and less drivers on the road than toady. Understandable. But youre telling me plastic beats metal? Youre telling me sticker chrome is better than actual aluminum grilles and steel chrome? The engineering may have not been as it is today, but if you think for one second that those cars of the past were built like crap, youre delusional. How is a car "built like crap" so easily mistaken when you could put ANY engine into them very easily with damn near just a swap. Try putting that LS3 into V6 Camaro when its the SAME car. Something breaks on your car, are you fixing it yourself? As for the warranty? warranties are a joke. You didnt need a warranty on a car back then because anyone with half a brain could fix what was wrong with it at home.

I stand by my comment, I've been in every factory in Detroit from the Chrysler Jefferson plant to GMC Truck in Flint. I've seen and experienced everything first hand. You would have been very surprised, the crap that goes on in those factorys. They were cities within a city. There was more illegal activities going on than work, and the only thing that was cared about was the paycheck at the end of the week.

Just because the cars had more metal didn't make them better. Their idea of holding tolerances back then was " close enough " . I guess just because the cars were simpler and easier to work on made them better, that's ok. It's ok if rusting and turning into rattle traps within a couple years was better.

As far as the warranty thing back then, your right because I wouldn't want to stand behind the products either.