View Single Post
Old 04-08-2021, 08:31 AM   #22
SirJangle

Drives: 2021 Acura RDX SH-AWD Advance
Quote:
Originally Posted by arpad_m View Post
True that. I had a similar conversation with, I think, lokitwitch04 back then, it seems GM saved a few pennies and there is no circuit on the passenger side, nor does the mirror have the required layers.

GM parts sites have the wrong information on the pass side mirror, by the way... I even ordered a new glass, thinking it would have the auto-dimming feature, but then I was informed about the sad facts.
Damn, sorry you went thru all of that for nothing. To me, it's just another example of cutting corners on something that, in the end, wouldn't cost GM much money but contributes to the negative opinion that most have of them. If you want to cut corners on cheaper models, fine. But, to cut corners on a Camaro SS and up is ridiculous to me. My $30K Mazda3 Hatchback is equipped almost as well as my $55K Camaro SS. My previous 2 cars, Lexus RC350 F-Sport and Infiniti Q60, both had the auto-dimming side mirrors. When I noticed that my Camaro SS only did it on the driver's side, my first thought was, "Yep, I'm driving GM again!".
SirJangle is offline   Reply With Quote