View Single Post
Old 04-10-2022, 12:05 PM   #11
s2mikey

Drives: Buick, Toyota
Quote:
Originally Posted by arpad_m View Post
You're looking at it from the manufacturer's perspective, while I'm adopting the customer's. Sure, gm made no commitment to build the car if the order never made past 1100, I understand that, but the reason it didn't was the manufacturer's quirky ordering system itself in the first place.

Simply put, here is a customer who wanted a Camaro and was willing to pay the price the dealer wanted for it. Now gm are saying screw you, we didn't accept your order and now you can no longer order your chosen paint color.

Is this company really in such a lofty position? This may fly from Koenigsegg or Bugatti, but it's a bit presumptuous coming from General Motors... how about saying "no more orders with options x, y and z, but orders already in the system we will produce, regardless of status, because our customers are actually important to us"?

If I were the OP, I sure wouldn't buy a truck or SUV, electric or ICE, from this company after such a move, so the "Camaro is a low sales volume vehicle" argument doesn't fully apply either.

No doubt this entire process has been frustrating and thats putting it very nicely. A lot has to do with your dealer and luck of the draw. But GM itself could be doing a lot more to satisfy Camaro buyers, IMO. Its so wishy-washy and very difficult to navigate through ordering.
s2mikey is offline   Reply With Quote