View Single Post
Old 12-28-2011, 08:03 PM   #177
DoggyB22

Drives: 2001 Camaro Z28, 2016 Camaro SS
GM needs to make the Camaro lighter people... Anyone that thinks their 5th gens are great at handling stock or with some minor mods are on drugs! Haha its a brick.... Go drive a Boss 302 or just a GT at a track & then come back on here & tell me which one you like more. Like I & other mentioned Camaros got the look & its name. That's where it ends. The LS3 is a great engine but not when the car its in can weigh close to 4,xxx lbs!

For people who are saying just add hp instead of lowering the weight should just go ahead & because that's the dumbest thing a car company could do. Why add a huge amount of power when it will barely go anywhere because it weighs so much. Compared to a car with a little less hp & weighs 300-400 lbs less?? Look at the older GT500. Its a brick & a half & barely beat 5th gens. Heavy performance cars are pointless. Weight is a huge factor in a lot of things. Hence why all the rear super cars are all carbon fiber etc so it doesn't weigh much. Weight in certain spots is great. But that's a whole other thing. For drag racing, at the track, & getting good mpg. You want that weight down. Adding more hp & keeping the weight would just put all those to shame

If anyone at GM is reading this get that 6th gen Camaro in the Mustang range of 35xx lbs

01' Camaro Z28
H/C/I & a 200 shot 450 rwhp & 420 lbtq NA. TBD on spray
16' Camaro SS
LME 416, cammed, high ram intake, ported LT1 heads, stalled. 600 rwhp 550 lbtq
DoggyB22 is offline   Reply With Quote