View Single Post
Old 06-17-2012, 02:11 PM   #10
DandD

Drives: 2010 2SS and 2011 LS
Believe me I didn't get ripped, the shop I went to does quality work and thats the number 1 thing I look for. All I gave you was the price he charges for the gear install. The OP didn't say what I paid in total, so to show you how bad I got RIPPED here is what my shop did and the cost to me. I also had the Jannetty posi mod installed. He installed it originally and then test drove it and didn't like the way it sounded and felt so he tore it down again and inspected the entire posi carrier and found that the spider gears were bad in my posi unit so he split the cost with me on a new one wanting me to know that he did that because he wanted a clear conscience in case it was him that caused the posi unit to go bad, which I have no doubt he had nothing to do with it. So he put the new factory posi unit in with the posi mod and felt the posi mod was too tight so he sent the steel spacers in the posi mod clutch pack to his machine shop he uses to have .060 milled off the spacers and then reassembled the whole package. It was then to his "liking", he honestly doesn't let a car go out of his shop unless he himself is satisfied that it is RIGHT. Now I paid for the Jannetty posi mod myself and supplied it to him at the time of install. Total cost out of my pocket for this job you ask $2100, now considering his price for the 3.91 gear and install is $1800, if you think I still got RIPPED bud I'll be glad to get RIPPED every time from this shop.