View Single Post
Old 06-15-2013, 08:15 AM   #100
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
A few points:

CR is not perfect. Did you know you don't have to be an owner to rate a vehicle?

You need to use JD Power as well for a true picture. Just a quick search there shows the Camaro to pretty decent.

http://usnews.rankingsandreviews.com...o/Reliability/

When the Camaro first came out, CR dinged it for "cramped rear seat and poor visibility". Oooooh that took some rocket science. Those are results of styling features of the car and are only quality issues for folks like CR.

GM is always striving to improve quality. I know because I was there and part of that effort. Constant evaluation and improvement. I had the priveledge to teach classes on Reliabilty and Durability. It is no easy task and having worked at 3 OEMs now I can assure you it is a constant battle. Could GM improve? Sure, they would openly admit that. Are they working hard to improve? Yes, every single day.

So if you had stopped with GM isn't number one in JD Power in all segments and could improve you would have made a factual statement.

What you did was list a bunch of low volume problems and used them to jump to the conclusion that GM quality is poor. Data shows that it isn't so you only continue to support your argument with fragments and little data.

GM has pretty much been mid pack or better for quality for the last few years. Even Toyota when you exclued Lexus (different and long story) has not been great.

So yes, they can do better. Are they poor? Not even close.