View Single Post
Old 04-19-2024, 07:20 AM   #4
Annihilate

Drives: 2024 2SS Camaro, 1988 IROC Z
Send a message via Skype™ to Annihilate
So had a discussion with Eric from Sunshade Window Tinting in Troy, we talked it over and he put together a custom package for me.

I had received quotes from a few shops and they were all in a similar ball park. Eric helped me piece together major parts that I wanted to get covered and did it all for a reasonable price.

So, I am getting package 1 which is Xpel Ultimate Plus 10mil film wrapped around:

Full hood
Full Fenders
Full Front fascia
Full rockers* with impact area and door sills
A pillar/header
Headlights*
Full Mirrors

They are also going to be wrapping:

Ground effects and front splitter
The top and front face of the spoiler*

The luggage area
The full doors

WITH tinting all around for a cool $5,600.
The initial price for this was close to $6,100, but they are willing to work with you a little if you pay cash.

NOW, I still find this to be expensive, however package 2 would place me around 7k for the full rear quarters and the full car around 10k which I wish I could afford, but alas...

When he started breaking down and explaining exactly what went into the wrapping, especially on this car, the price began making a bit of sense. As he put it anybody can buy the film packages, but we're paying for craftsmanship and precision.

The fact that he was willing to work with me on getting the full doors added on was a huge plus.

He also was willing to work with me to eventually cover the rest of the car. They are going to intelligently plan the way they cut in certain areas to make it easy to finish the car off when I have the funds.

For tint I've decided to go for 20% on sides and rear, 35% on front. Apparently this is a pretty standard combo.

The appointment is set for the 29th of this month and is due to take about a week.

I will definitely be posting pictures and a general review of my initial impressions. I've never had work like this done, so I am definitely interested to see if it's worth the cost to play.

*Areas noted by asterisk are areas he mentioned that he considers top priority. He made many good points on why the rockers, headlights, and top of spoiler are especially prone to being hit, and are worth protecting.

Last edited by Annihilate; 04-19-2024 at 07:37 AM.
Annihilate is offline   Reply With Quote