View Single Post
Old 09-30-2016, 04:11 PM   #566
Cruiter

Drives: 2016 H/R 2SS Convertible 6.2/Auto
Local dealer (not one I bought from) to the rescue

Quote:
Originally Posted by MANNAXMAN View Post
I've had my car just over three weeks. I've experienced this once, as well, about a week ago. Once it returned to straight travel, I shrugged it off. I'm just over 900 miles on the odometer. This happened probably around 500-600 miles. Maybe I'll give the dealership a call and see what they'll do.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdrumans View Post
Weird I had this happen too, I chalked it up to slight inflation differences on the tires and the wide width, low profile causing tramlining. I was only off 1 psi over the other tires at the time, but thought maybe that be enough of a difference to help cause the effect. Obviously I'm not sure, just guessing.
Well the dealer I'd been going to for the constant left hand drift really wants my service business and has earned it. Today as promised they got a front tire for my '16 SS (they said was approx $500) and replaced it along with a 4 wheel alignment ( have the printout and it was bad out). And they said everything they could determine indicated the tire had a manufacturing defect, probably a bad or separated cord.

I'm pretty sure I'd have had the same result with my selling dealer (also bought my previous C7 Vette from them) but the distance, picking up a rental, and returning made me want to try my local dealer even though they couldn't meet the sale price I got elsewhere. I'm in Cumming GA and the dealer is Andean Chevy. They're smaller, just country folk that do good work in smaller volume.

We hear so much bad press when things go bad I just wanted to give good service a shout out. They earned it .
Cruiter is offline   Reply With Quote