View Single Post
Old 07-12-2014, 10:13 AM   #7
ChocoTaco369
145lb Powerlifter

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3hta1 View Post
AND THE 50th ANNIVERSARY?

Has anyone not really thought about this. This would make perfect sense. And to be honest, I am happy that would be a pretty cool birthday present.
No, I think they're going to run a model year first and get the bugs out. I'm fairly certain they'll have a special "50th Anniversary Edition". I think it would be too much to redesign the entire car AND make a special edition in the same year. I've actually been thinking about this since the day I bought my 2013. It's an interesting coincidence the warranty expires in 2018. Just saying.

I love my 5th gen, and IMO the 2013 is THE year to have a 5th gen since it has the electronic power steering, back-up camera, HUD, MyLink, etc before the plastic rearend redesign with the Volt taillights. However, if the 6th gen is redesigned a few hundred pounds lighter and looks essentially the same as a 5th gen before the rear-end destruction...well, sign me up. And it won't be the first model year run, which is the best part. I am highly anticipating something special for 2017. They did it for the 45th anniversary, even though it was nothing special really, so the 50th should be a gimme. I just hope GM doesn't drop the ball and just make the 50th edition some minor exterior upgrade and really do something awesome!

I'm purposely not modding my car out of warranty so I maintain trade-in value in 2017 if I like the 6th gen. If I do not like the 6th gen, then I start tearing into the 5th gen. Either way I win!