View Single Post
Old 03-08-2013, 02:43 PM   #53
Ken_
Tally Ho!

Drives: 13 2SS/RS 6M, 05 Mitsubishi Evo 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by thahemp View Post
It's not a sensitive issue. You do this in a lot of threads I've seen. You post something that will definitely draw a backlash, then get defensive when the backlash comes.

You make broad generalizations about the people here and their apparent inability to do things for 5 reasons. It's your tone that draws the responses that you get. No one likes a person that can dish it out but can't take it...
I guess if I'm going to be an A-hole, I may as well go full bore then, but that's not who I am. Thanks for the constructive criticism.

I say what I say (chasing HP numbers) because I have seen this all before regardless of the car or group, and yes, most can't tell you how they got to some sort of number- maybe a SWAG (a scientific wild ass guess), because their friend says it is or a magazine said it is. Then you ask how are you going to get there, and then the reply is hellifino. I used to have to sit down with people like this and ask these questions because these were business decisions. It existed well before me, and will exist for as long as there are things that go fast. I think it's completely stupid to shoot for 500+ whp when 450 whp would suffice, hell, maybe 250 whp, but again as stated it's what the person wants. I don't get warped over it because it ain't my shit.

Back on the original thread topic, my stance is that it is not a waste of time. What I think makes no difference to anybody else. In the end, it's my car and my money and whether I stay NA or go FI (which will probably happen knowing my tendencies) and it's your car and money and so forth and so on. How one wants to get up there where the big numbers are is a their business.

Again, thanks for your constructive critique of my online persona.