Thread: LT2 vs LT5
View Single Post
Old 05-24-2019, 03:46 PM   #41
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlap View Post
The C7 was also rated at 455 HP. The performance exhaust increased it to 460 HP.

Bottom line - Chevy gave Camaro everything it had. They emphasized performance to the detriment of sales (no half hearted V8 like the coming 2020 LT1 trim).

No way you can say they held it back. No way.
Yes you are correct it was 455 back in 14, in 19 looks like the performance exhaust must be standard because it is listed as 460HP standard

EDIT - looks like the Chevy website is a little deceiving. On the 18 model year it says available 460HP, 19 just says 460 HP and when you break down the specs in the website it says this in one spot

"6.2L V8 DI engine

Standard
460 hp @ 6000 rpm
465 lb-ft of torque @ 4600 rpm
0-601 in 3.6 seconds with available 8-speed paddle-shift automatic and Z07 Performance Package
Variable Valve Timing
1 Based on initial vehicle movement., 1 Based on initial vehicle movement."

But this in another spot

* Requires performance exhaust or Z51 package

I'm not saying they held/hold it back per se just that they haven't let it play with all the toys in the chest yet and history has shown they don't/ won't

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlap View Post
Imagine what it would run with 1000 HP.

We know how it works. GM develops engines, transmissions and platforms for the group. Camaro benefits from equipment developed for the best the have at the time. All of the gen6 components were released in Corvette and CTS variants starting in 2014. The car has been nothing but amazing.
Yes it is the reason why the car is as good as it is. I don't think anyone can deny that. Now maybe it's becuase GM doesn't have to but I can see how to some it's frustrating that with the Camaro it seems to be ok heres the engine line up and that's it.

Meanwhile, across town Ford is willing to pump out two year special editions with unique engines or constantly tweak and upgrade (12/13 BOSS 302, 13/14GT500, 18/19 BULLITT) Dodge bumping up the Hellcat to 717, redeye. I guess the most frustrating part is knowing GM can but won't until it fits what Corvette needs
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote