View Single Post
Old 11-02-2013, 12:33 PM   #79
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
I honestly don't think the 6th gen is going to be anything but the best Camaro ever built... technology-wise. As for the styling, the 2014 refresh had me worried because it just wasn't up to what I thought the Camaro should be. However the Camaro team I'm sure got the message from the response and they're also watching the reaction the public has to the new Stingray.

They'll probably do something that's at least "okay" but I'm hoping for much more. I also hope they don't get too gimmicky and do something like the tail lights on the new Stingray which just look out of place to me; the "running mascara" look at the corners in particular look odd.

I've put in a fair amount of time creating a 3D model of a styling concept of the direction I'd like to see the next gen Camaro go here:

Name:  2016 Camaro Concept F.jpg
Views: 1176
Size:  51.2 KB
Name:  2016 Camaro Concept F3Q.jpg
Views: 786
Size:  76.2 KB
Name:  2016 Camaro Concept R3Q.jpg
Views: 1343
Size:  66.6 KB
Name:  2016 Camaro Concept S3Q.jpg
Views: 806
Size:  69.3 KB
Name:  2016 Camaro Concept F3Qa.jpg
Views: 854
Size:  92.1 KB

This is based on the Alpha platform we'll be seeing in the next gen. Here's the link to the design thread for anyone that's interested in seeing how it evolved:

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=319114

After the amount of time I've spent on my concept while creating it, the current gen is starting to look thick and bulky to me. I want to see cleaner, lighter, thinner elements, precise lines on the next gen. It should be sleeker without being gimmicky. The new Stingray walks a very fine line between exciting styling and being gimmicky. In my opinion the side vent slash and the rear tail lights cross the line at being a little too trendy, but it's not enough to ruin the car. It's an exciting car.

The next gen Camaro should be exciting too. Sleek, fast-looking, powerful-looking, classy-looking. I hope that's the direction they're going and not thick, bulky, comic-book trendy/gimmicky.

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote