View Single Post
Old 03-15-2015, 12:13 PM   #7
BigBlock427
ConceptZer0

Drives: 68 427 Camaro, 11 2SS/RS, 13 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
I look at how the C7 performance jumped for each version over the previous ones. The standard Stingray performs like the old Z06, and the new C7 Z06 performs like the old ZR1.
I am imagining that the new SS will perform close to what the ZL1 does today, and when the ZL1 hits it should perform like today's Z/28....if and when there is another Z/28, I think it will elevate the performance to a new level for Camaros.
the new SS will improve allot. But not ZL1 performance out the box. I think lighter a bit more power maybe 450hp bring the 0-60 to 4.3 - 4.4. I don't see the standered SS knocking on the ZL1/stingray's door so soon.

The power in the current SS is not bad still. That was never the issue with the 5th gen. Its the weight and handling of the standers SS. You improve that and I don't think people would mind 0-60 and 1/4 time at or around the same as the current SS with 1LE pushing the envolpe closer to the current ZL1 as far as 0-60.

The new SS will feel ten times better around the track. Track times are what's important now. Chevy showed that with the development of the 1LE, ZL1, and Z28. Overall power is not there main concern.
BigBlock427 is offline   Reply With Quote