View Single Post
Old 12-17-2016, 04:12 PM   #14
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z_Rocks View Post
Generally smaller dealers where the owner is in charge, unlike those large chain dealers where sales is # of priority, the small dealers seem to be more careful. It's the large ones, that you need to watch out for.

But I tell you, in 40 years of driving and car buying, Chevy dealers had been the worst from sales to service dept. You take an $80K Z06 to service dept. and they treat it like a pickup truck, from the moment a high school kid drives your car away, till it is returned back to you. And you have to keep an eye on it, not to take your performance car for a joy ride.
I'll admit, I don't have much experience in other dealerships than Dodge (help)...but I've been to 4-6 different Chevy dealers...and some are worse than others. Never had to deal with a joyride situation...and the advisors made sure that the kids who took the car away for service knew how to drive stick, and treat Camaros and Corvettes with respect.

On the other hand...one of them refused to change my brake fluid...and another almost rotated my 1LE's wheels...

Win some, you lose some.

But I don't typically trust anybody with my stuff anyways, so I always enact some oversight.