View Single Post
Old 02-20-2014, 05:51 PM   #40
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
It's hard to say. It's a little odd that we haven't seen a mule or anything yet.

Once the IVERs are out, it'll be about a year to reveal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PYROLYSIS View Post
They could be farther along than we think and are just doing a really good job of hiding it like they did the Z/28. We have somewhat of an idea of the powertrains, so I'm really interested in the design. It will have to be one heck of a looker for me to get one to go with my 1LE. My 1LE already performs way past my expectations so the exterior will be a big factor for me. I'm pulling for them and I have no reason to think they won't nail it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark114 View Post
Could they be hiding early test mules for the Camaro and ATS V platforms under an ATS Coupe skin?
I'm guessing they're still working on the exterior design. I know they were looking at the concept threads I had created and I'm sure they were paying very close attention to the reactions and comments to the various design concepts; not only in my threads but the others as well. Interestingly enough I had actually recommended they develop the chassis under an ATS skin to completely hide the exterior design, and keep the exterior design a VERY guarded secret. They may actually be doing that. I hope so... that's the smart thing to do so you don't paralyze yourself by second-guessing reactions to a not-finished product.

But one thing I'm certain they took away from viewing my concept threads is what an unbelievable pain in the butt the Camaro crowd is to design for. They want something new, yet want it to look like something old. If you give them a new old style design then they complain it looks dated and want something new. If it's too "new", then they complain it doesn't look like a Camaro. The design team got stung by the reaction to the 2014 refresh; they're probably being extremely hard on themselves about making the 6th gen be a winner style-wise. I can't even imagine the stress they must be under right now. The exterior design is so critical with the Camaro crowd it will literally make or break the car's sales future regardless of what's underneath the skin. The design team has my heartfelt sympathies and support for the excruciatingly difficult task they have before them.

No matter what they come up with there's going to be people who hate it; I just hope there are enough who like it to keep the Camaro alive.

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote