View Single Post
Old 04-13-2015, 09:46 PM   #17
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by L99CAMA2011 View Post
Damn bud. A driver was on the wrong side of the highway and almost kissed my front end, that would've been nasty. I swerved 2 lanes to avoid him. 15K would probably total my car now as is.
They required 75% of the value of the car in damages before they'd declare it a total loss, here. And thankfully (or not, depending on your perspective), they appraised my cars value as retail, brand new because it was barely a month old. I was terrified I'd lose the car and get nothing to buy a new one. At that time - the 1LE has also just stopped being produced for a few months due to the winter season, as well...

It's all better, now. Took it racing and everything. Drives great!

I had no time to react. It was nighttime, and the deer jumped out from behind a car in the oncoming lane, so that vehicle's headlights blinded me to the big hairy body jumping in the middle of the road. Airbags went off, interior lights came on, hazard lights auto-activated, and the engine power was immediately cut. OnStar called, and I had enough sense to hang on the steering wheel and slow down till I could feel the tires just fall off the shoulder of the road. (Airbags and airbag dust, and the dome light meant I couldn't see aaaaaanything outside of the car.)

I created many new curse words and phrases that night....and I ensured the deer was good and dead....